About me in a nutshell
Hello, my name is Anikó Pető-Mordovski and I am a Cambridge-based Hungarian translator.
I don’t want to start with a cliché right away but translation is more than just work for me, it adds spice to my life. (Just like paprika, ha!) I have been translating since the young age of 8 when I started learning foreign languages. As I grew older, I realised that this fun linguistic game can actually be a real profession and that “language industry” is a thing.
Translation became more than just a hobby during my university years when I started offering professional translation services for the first time. Since then I have gained nearly 10 years of translation, editing and proofreading experience in a variety of subject matters, although my true calling is creative translation, including game localisation.
I love the creativity of game localisation! I help my clients create an entertaining Hungarian version of their or their clients’ games, which of course includes translating in-game dialogues, user interface, communication with players and last but not least, I also offer cultural and linguistic advice.
I also have 8 years of experience in project management and a few years in digital marketing at a UK translation agency. These years helped me gain a better understanding of the translation industry as a whole.
When not translating, you might find me travelling, weight lifting, doing yoga, reading, and I am interested in the vegan lifestyle and Japanese tea ceremony. (I would love to translate some tea-related literature!)
- Qualified Member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (MITI)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists and Chartered Linguist (MCIL CL)
- Diploma in Translation (Chartered Institute of Linguists)
- MA in Applied Linguistics and TESOL (Anglia Ruskin University)
- BA in English Studies (University of Szeged)
Volunteering in the translation industry
- Secretary and Deputy Coordinator (ITI East Anglia Network)
- Social Media and Marketing Manager (Women in Localization UK Chapter)
My full CV is available on request.